Wednesday 12 January 2011

cinquains

Youngest has come home with a project to write a Cinquain. First I'd heard of this form, but thought I'd start to flex my writing muscle on it. Discovered here that it was invented by Adelaide Crapsey. Thought hard about what joke to write there, but couldn't come up with anything remotely original.



Dear Adelaide created this form of syllables: its 2-4-6-8-2:

Youngest
making cinquain
chews pen, furrows brow, looks lost
but then words flow and she smiles wide
proud dad

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that "youngest" can count better than Dad - your second line has five syllables, not four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison - now ammended. One of the great things about this form is that you can dispense with connective words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to amend "ammended" but the software will not allow me to. How ironic...

    ReplyDelete